Here are the things you should feel comfortable with before starting this lesson.
From Simple Sentences:
- You should understand that sentences are made up of people, things, actions, qualities, times, and places.
- You should know that a simple sentence is a sentence that contains only one action.
- You should feel comfortable writing simple sentences.
From Connectors and an Introduction to Complex Meaning:
- You should understand that simple sentences can be joined together using connectors, which create a relationship between the two sentences.
- You should feel comfortable using connectors to create different kinds of relationships.
If you're uncertain about any of those points, we recommend going back over the relevant lesson before you embark on this one.
It will also help if you are familiar with word groups: noun groups, verb groups, adjective groups, adverb groups, and prepositional phrases.
We won't ask you to write complicated word groups in this lesson, but it's useful to be able to recognise them when you are learning about clauses!
Check out the Word Groups lesson pack if you want a refresher on any of these.